Friday, March 9, 2007

Tax time...

I hate this time of year. I hate it more when I was working, since I am an accountant, that is one busy time of year. Now I only have to do my husband's business taxes and mine, which are a pain in the butt since I am a big procrastinator and only start organizing the boxes of invoices and receipts in April!

I wonder if we will be getting a tax due date extension due to problems with revenue canada computers. I am in no rush to file our taxes, I usually file our returns on april 28th, since we have to pay taxes at the end of the year. I miss those good old days when we used to get a refund. O well..but I feel bad for those who file early and wait for those refund checks with lots of plans on how to use the money. Poor revenue canada employees, they are going to be 100x more swamped than in other years due to this backup.

http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Computer+shutdown+stalls+tax+refunds+for+paper+filers+too/Business/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=tax-computer&feedname=CBC-BUSINESS-V2&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

No comments: