Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Questions to ammani gals..


*warning!!!...this is a girly post...guys continue at own risk!*

So it is time to get my hair coloured...the roots are starting to show and I’m getting sick of it. I high lighted my hair few weeks before I came to Jordan. Hubby hates my hair light...he likes dark red. So I thought since I will not be seeing him for a while I’ll go for a change and lighten it. Well now I am sick of it, and like I said the roots are showing...and I want to look purrtty for hubby...

So for Ammani ladies...do you know someone you absolutely love that does great hair colouring?? Last time I cut my hair at Emad’s in the four seasons and he was good...but my sister in law says he is not too great with hair colours...I also want to cut ½-1 inch off my hairs... so pray for me...after last year’s hair cut disasters I am very paranoid, but I’m so sick of my hair, it needs to be cut a bit...

Also does anyone know a place that waxes eyebrows?? I hate hate hate hate hate hate threading! It hurts and you get too many ingrown hairs after. With waxing it is one ouch and you are done...with threading it is ouch, ouch ouch a million times!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go and throw up now!

WHY ... OH WHY ... didn't I stop when I read your warning!!! WHY!!!

:-X

Anonymous said...

I saw couple of ladies who did colouring with 7amoudeh in Abdoun, actually my sister in law was one of them, he did a quite good job, and if you have no problem to do it with a lady, there is one that did a great job on my sister's hair, it's Halah Sha5sheer in Shmeisani, she kind of does exactly what you ask her for.
I don't know any place for waxing the eyebrows, as you noticed they usually used the thread along with the tweezers. you can leave them to grow all at once and remove them with the thread, naybe it won't leave any hairs...

Anonymous said...

Tariq in Abdoon! Best haircuts and coloring..I can send you the number for an appointment..I know from experience since I just had my hair colored somewhere else an hour ago, and I regret it so bad, I'm going back to Tariq next week..as for waxing eyebrows..I am so not with you on this one..threading and tweezers are perfect for shaping eyebrows..painful but worth it!

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm the same Anonymous, I loved my friend's hairstyle, the cut and the colour and it turned out that she did it in Tony & Guy in Abdoun, there is another branch in Hayat Hotel.

Sam said...

Q well i did warn u..and i put it in red kaman ...next time listen to the warnings :p

anon and salam thank you:) do you have their phone numbers?? i'll put the kids to bed and go get my hair done:) i love how life starts after 8 here:) ok they would be open after 8 right??
i guess i will have to thread my eyebrows...awwwwwwwwww!

Mais said...

sam, of course i'm not the expert when it comes to Amman...i can help when it comes to Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Damascus :D

but as for the eyebrows thingie....i suggest u try the tweezers and not the thread...i hate the thread!! '3air el pain it also ye2sef el sha3ra and makes it grow hard and ta7t el jeld! tweezers are way much better..remove them from the roots and u (or whoever is using it) is more in control when it comes to shaping the eyebrow...yamma 2artenli 7awajbi bil thread..so 7aramet..i'm using tweezers only and i love it:less pain, better shape, more clean & no hairs grow under the skin (the most yuky part for me)

good luck with the hair coloring and all :-)

Anonymous said...

Theres a place in Imjama Jabir called zambaka, that is above the day'a that does waxing. They are really good when it comes to hair since they dont cut untill they show you how much they are going to cut first.Which is good we had a problem here at first you tell them what you want but they end up doing what they want. They did my sil roots during the summer and matched it to her highlights. It looked good
jehan

Anonymous said...

I can't help you in Amman, but if you are willing to take a drive to Beirut you will not regret it, it is well worth it.. It is guaranteed that you will be very happy with the results whether to cut or color your hair :)
What do you think??

Good Luck :)

Maher said...

Everyday, i find a new reason to thank God for this great gift of being a MALE!

Anonymous said...

lol @ Maher.
cute post with il million ouch ouch ouch. I cant help but im in that zone with you, I need some eyebrow work done on me lol. and inshAllah it comes out as puurrtty as you want it to.

and oh Oriental: you're from Damascus?

Anonymous said...

batoul,

yes i am :)