Thursday, December 18, 2008

when a stupid idea hits...just shoot me!


Yesterday was a busy day for me...go for a doctor's appointment, go shopping for few last minute items, get together with a friend we met at the store for coffee, take Bilal to school, got my nails done, and then off to the gym for a quick workout....


When I got home I got this stupid idea....hey it will be fun to shovel the snow...FUN?? shovel snow? FUN? what was I thinking?


So Bilal changed into his snow suite, snow mittens, snow boots and we got our big and small shovels out and got to work! I was shovelling the snow off the driveway (which was not too bad because hubby's car was parked there last night so it was not fully cover..but still), throwing it on the grass...and Bilal shoveling the snow from the grass on the driveway...not very help eh?


He was a lot smarter than I was...his mitten fell, he ate some snow, he got cold so he went inside...


I on the other hand stayed outside...shovelled the drive way...the path leading to the house from the driveway, the porch, the steps on the other side of the house...and one of the sidewalks...a nice guy shovelled the other side in the morning...(we live on a corner lot so lots of sidewalks to clear)..


My back was hurting, but I could not stop...it is such as achievement to see the snow gone off the sidewalk ...so I kept on going and going and going....I have been getting too many braxton hicks all evening, and I feel yucky...I hate snow!


Seriously what is wrong with me? I am 8.5 months pregnant...with a very sore back and I do not want this baby to come any earlier than Jan 11th.....hey maybe he can even come on my bday...my friends promised they will bring me a cake to the hospital if they baby comes on the 15th...If wanted to have fun outside why couldn't I just make a snow man with Bilal??

6 comments:

Mimi Cooks said...

obviously, you were not thinking straight!!! hope your back feels better and the baby will not come out earlier than it should :(

asoom said...

I must say you have some amazing energy!

7aki Fadi said...

You're crazy ... LOL.

And today there is a HUGE snowstorm so please God you don't deliver today or on the weekend. You'll have the baby in the car before you get to the hospital.

x said...

that's quite the feat considering how cold it was outside. I was too lazy to shovel on the weekend so I ended up ankle deep in the snow in the morning. My feet were freezing for the longest time.

7aki Fadi said...

OMG did you like really give birth?????

Sam said...

summer thank u..i am feeling better:)

asoom...it comes and goes...sometimes i am the laziest person on earth ..other times i cant stop doing things...:)

7aki...poor hubby cleared all the snow from friday and sunday storms...i didnt even touch a shovel..

omar hubby is lazy usually..but when it comes to snow it either he clears it or we are stuck..so he has to do it...with the help of the kids of course...which is not much:)

7aki...no not yet...my babies are too lazy to come on their own..they have to be forced out with picotine (sp?) i even danced and dabaket alot on sunday...so nothing will happen before the 11th or 14th most likely..:)